Secondly, its the 1st of February! How did this happen, and where did January go?!
Finally that low calorie flat bread recipe I promised you is here.
I'm rubbish at making bread, completely rubbish. The damn things never rise properly and are always too doughy.
To say I was nervous about trying this recipe would be an understatement. I can't bake bread normally never mind about on a griddle pan. Bread in 6 minutes, no way I was telling myself, its impossible.
Well I was wrong, as usual. They are SO easy to make, even a non-bread baker like me can do it.
Not only that my version is low calorie, super delicious and massive! Normally you get a really small piece of bread for you calories, but these are HUGE.
Garlic and Herb Flatbread
Makes - 8
Calories per serving (1 flatbread) - 112
2 cups of all purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
3 tbsp skimmed milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine half of the flour, the yeast, salt and sweetener.
- Lightly whisk the egg and then add the egg, milk and warm water to the bowl and combine using the dough hook attachment.
- Add the rest of the flour to the mixer, until the dough starts to form a ball and pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a dish towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead in the garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Divide into 8 pieces, roll them into balls and then let them rest on a baking tray lightly covered for another 30 minutes to allow them to rise further.
- Heat a griddle pan and then roll out each dough ball into a flattened circle/oval. Poke holes in the dough with a fork.
- Lightly spray each flatbread with cooking spray, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
This is the first printable recipe I've done as well, so get clicking!