What do you think of the new design?! Its simple, but I'm super proud I did it myself. I just have the button to change now and we're all set.
I've been feeling a little down lately. I know I'm not the only one in this situation, but not having a job is really getting me down. I have an interview for some work experience today and I'm really hoping I get that. Not only will it look great on my CV, but it will get me out of the house.
I was reading February's Easy Living magazine and there's an article on how to get happy right now. It got me thinking. What are the little things I do every day that make me happy?
1. Waking up, looking in the mirror and saying 'the glass is half full'. Doing this simple thing puts my mind on a positive track for the rest of the day. When pessimism rears its ugly head, as it sometimes does, I just tell myself I promised to see the bright side today.
2. Writing a thankful for list each and every day. I write a thankful sweetness list and link it up via Instagram/Twitter with Erin. It helps me focus what is good about not only today, but the wonderful life I lead.
3. Wear perfume. It doesn't have to be really expensive, as long as you love the smell, a pretty bottle doesn't hurt either. Spraying it on every day instantly makes me feel special, even if I'm only in sweats.
4. Doing something you love, if only for 10 minutes. For me its reading. I normally try and read for at least an hour, usually at night. It relaxes me. If I've had a tough day it takes me to places where I can forget about it all. What is the thing you love doing?
5. Invest time into your body. As you all know I've started eating healthier and trying to exercise more. What I've discovered is that it all takes time. You plan the menu, then shop, then put away, then cook, then exercise. By the time you've done everything you have to renew the cycle for another week, but its worth it.
What are your five get happy tips?
I had to share this one with you from the magazine. I made me laugh!
"Put a pen or pencil in your mouth (in the same way a dog carries a stick) so it has to smile. If your mouth in smiling, your brain thinks you are happy, and your mood changes."
I know your all trying this right now. Even better you're getting someone else to try it and laughing at them.