A little tart and not too sweet, plus they smell exactly like raspberry ripple ice cream. Who wouldn't want that smell filling their house?!
Raspberry Ripple Cupcakes
50g raspberry jam
50g fresh raspberries
125g unsalted butter, softened
100g caster sugar
1 tbsp milk
150g self-raising flour, sifted.
Topping and decoration:
150g fresh raspberries
300ml whipping cream
50g icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5. Line a muffin tin with cases.
2. Mix the raspberry jam with 50g of fresh raspberries, lightly crushing the raspberries. Set aside.
3. Whisk the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Gradually whisk in the eggs and milk until just combined. Fold in the flour until just combined, then carefully fold in the raspberry jam mixture until it has a marbled effect. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
5. Reserve 9 raspberries for decoration. Mash the remaining raspberries in a bowl with a fork. Pass through a sieve to remove the seeds. Whip the cream and icing sugar together until it forms stiff peaks. Mix the raspberry puree into the cream.
6. Pipe of top of each cupcake and decorate with a raspberry.