Have you ever wanted to make something and have a present and card in one?
Yes I'm a lazy crafter, OK I admit it!
If I can get away with making one thing and then putting away my sewing kit I will.
I love crafting, but I'm not the best, or the most patient.
I came up with this 2 in 1 card when I was making a Thank You present for my Mum.
It's so simple...promise....even you 'non-crafters' can do it.
You will need
Different coloured felt
Different coloured thread
(the brooch I did)
1. Cut out three different sized flowers in three different colours.
2. Embellish the flowers by sewing around the edges in a similar coloured thread. You can use any stitch you like.
3. Once all the flowers have been embellished, you really can do as much or a little as you want. Place the flowers on top of each other (largest to smallest), and put a few small stitches in to secure them in place.
4. Sew the brooch back onto the flowers.
5. Use super glue to stick a button or jewel onto the brooch.
6. Either cut a piece of card, or use one you already have. Any size will do really.
7. Cut a stem and leaf out of green card and stick them onto the card.
8. Attach the brooch to the top of the stem so it looks like a flower.
And that's it!
You don't just have to make flowers though. I had the idea earlier of making the brooch look like a balloon.
I'm even sharing the flower templates I found online. Yes I am that nice!
I need your advice....
I'm seriously considering selling these.
How much would you pay for it?
Don't forget the summer link party starts tomorrow! You can find the deets here.
You have 6 days to register for the great big blog swap. You know you want too......