Even if you don't live in the UK I'm sure you've heard its Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee. 60 years on the throne!
To celebrate there are street parties happening in nearly every county. I love it when a Country comes together to celebrate something. I'm planning on going to a street party, and of course I need to bring something to eat. What better than these strawberry scones, right? What makes you think of England more than tea and scones?
OK so mine turned out more like biscuits, I've never been very good at making scones. They still tasted amazing though with a little dollop of cream. What a great way to get your 5 a day!
They just taste of summer.
Royal Jubilee Strawberry Scones
Makes - 12
ProPoints - 4
75g cubed butter
225g self-raising flour
1 large egg
1-2 tbsp buttermilk
50g caster sugar
24 strawberries, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4.
2. Mix the butter into the flour and add the egg, buttermilk and sugar until combined.
3. Roll out to a 2.5cm thickness and sprinkle the strawberries over half the dough. Fold over the other half and roll again to 2.5cm thick.
4. Cut into 5cm squares, put on a baking tray and brush with buttermilk.
5. Bake for 12 minutes until golden and risen. Leave to cool.
I really hope you like these =) They're great to make with kids too!
Since I've recently got more followers, Hello! Thanks for following, I'm doing an 'All about me' post soon and I need some questions. Ask me anything. It would be great if you could leave them in the comments.
Have a good week Y'all.