This salad was the first thing I made out of it, and its totally delicious.
I even had to put it straight into my lunch box, otherwise I would have just eaten it there and then.
Uber healthy with the edamame beans and brown rice, whilst being oh so filling and tasty.
Its definitely a must try and a recipe that will be staying in my collection for a long time.
Make a massive bowl of it, and invite the girls round. Having a healthy salad just means you can have more wine right?
Brown rice salad, with poached chicken, broccoli and miso dressing
200g brown basmati rice
1 litre chicken stock or water
3 small chicken breast fillets
200g broccoli, cut into small florets
100g shelled frozen edamame
2 celery stalks
6 spring onions
For the dressing:
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp red miso paste
2 tsp finely grated ginger
- Place the rice in a small saucepan, add enough water to cover by 6 cm and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- While the rice is cooking, place the stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the chicken breasts, cover with a lid and turn off the heat and leave to sit for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken and cut into slices.
- Blanch the broccoli and edamame in salted boiling water, drain and rinse under cold water.
- To make the miso dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Thin with a little water if its too thick.
- Spread the rice on a platter and top with chicken and all the vegetables. Pour the dressing over the top with the spring onion.