Below are Karly’s directions. Give it a try!
This facial is mildly exfoliating (can be made more abrasive with more sugar), anti-bacterial and moisturizing! It is smooth and creamy, and can be warmed up in the microwave for cold dry skin in the winter (This does however melt the sugar so it becomes an even creamier mix.) All you need are a couple basic kitchen staples and it's as easy as that!
What you will need…
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 tbsp. of milk (the higher the fat percentage, the better)
- Pour sugar into a bowl, slowly stirring in the honey, and add quantity of milk desired (the more milk the looser the consistency).
- Pat mixture onto skin (avoiding eye area, it makes eyelashes sticky and the sugar is harsh on delicate skin). Leave on for 10-20 minutes (whatever you like best and have time for) this mask will not dry on your skin or become tight or hard, it will stay moist and sticky, I suggest wearing an old t-shirt while wearing this in case of any "sticky situations."
- Rinse the mixture off with lukewarm water; you may use a wash cloth or facial cleansing brush to assist you if you like, but make sure to clean extra well around your hairline or some of the honey might dry in hard sticky clumps. Eew no thank you!
- I also like to soak cotton pads/rounds in some of the same type of milk I added into the mixture, I put on some relaxing music, and lay on m bed for 5 minutes with the pads/rounds layer on my face! The lactic acid from the milk will help to slough away dead skin, while the fats & proteins in the milk help to strengthen and plump the skin.
- Then rinse, apply moisturizer (don't forget to put one on that has SPF if you're going out in the sun after this facial!), Look at yourself in the mirror and SMILE! You are beautiful, and now you're soft, glowy, clean skin is a little bit more beautiful too!